UConn First Summer for Transfer Students
What will First Summer offer me?
We know that as a transfer student you are already well-prepared for the unique style of university-level courses and that you are well-versed in the note-taking, study and other skills required to succeed at college. For you, UConn First Summer is less about getting to know college and more about getting to know UConn.
UConn First Summer offers you the opportunity to
- Complete two courses toward your UConn degree
- Enjoy the rich academic and personal experience offered by a residential program
- Experience UConn’s excellent faculty
- Try a class in a subject new to you, perhaps discovering a new academic interest or career path
- Enjoy the uniquely rigorous and rewarding classroom environment in a small summer class
- Honors students: jump right in to your honors requirements
- Take part in a range of planned recreational and cultural enrichment activities both on and off campus
- Become familiar with what UConn has to offer and the Storrs campus during the more relaxed summer term
- Explore the new Storrs Center and surrounding region both on your own and through organized activities
- Make friends who'll be there as you start your first semester at UConn