First Summer Activities
We'll get you moving, thinking and making friends for life this summer. Check out our Activities page for a glimpse of Summer at UConn!
The deadline for application to UConn First Summer
is June 9, 2017.
Participation in UConn First Summer requires the following steps:
- Submit your mandatory admissions enrollment deposit for the 2017 fall semester to the University as required http://admissions.uconn.edu/admitted-students by May 1, 2017.
- Schedule your Orientation visit to your campus (we recommend an early date). You should have completed Orientation or its equivalent before First Summer begins. (Visit orientation.uconn.edu for details.) Orientation is mandatory at UConn.
- Read all of the information on this site. It is especially important that you read the important information on the Fees and Dates and Courses pages before you complete the registration form
- Click the Register Today link to the right to register for the program. When completing the form it is very important to provide us with a reliable email address (and the email addresses of any parents/guardians you authorize), as we will be communicating by email throughout the process up until the start of the program July 9.
- Note: Once you submit your application, if you need to make any changes (course selection, dietary information, etc.), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete your housing/dining application at http://reslife.uconn.edu/summer-housing/.
- Pay tuition and related fees by June 26 (housing and meal fees are billed in early July).
- Arrive on campus in time for the opening Welcome Reception Sunday, July 9.
|March 29 - June 9||Registration period for UConn First Summer|
|March 29 - June 15||First Summer participants registered in courses; fees for First Summer tuition are charged to student accounts once registration is complete.
(Note: housing/meals are billed separately—see below)
|June 26||Tuition and related fees are due for UConn First Summer|
|June 21||Housing applications due (to avoid late fee)|
|Early July||Fees for First Summer housing/meals are charged to student accounts|
|July 9 (Sunday)||UConn First Summer opens with Welcome Reception (evening)|
|August 12 (Saturday)||UConn First Summer formally ends|